Viverrae LLC - What We Do
This fast growing company started out with a piece of software written to assist the owner in gathering information for his masters' thesis. When he realized that it could be useful in other fields, a business was born. The first iteration of this being AutoFerret.com.
The company has grown into a family of technology developers who spend their days in a glass walled office overlooking Bellingham Bay. They develop AI and other technologies used in the auto industry, insurance, and healthcare. They are proud to list some of the biggest names in the industry as their clients. The staff is a young, industrious and imaginative group of individuals, who work as hard as they play.
PERKS PRAISE AND PLAY
- 22 days of annual paid time off
- Matching 401(k) contributions
- 100% paid health, vision and dental
- Full kitchen: snacks, drinks and weekly team meals
- In office activities: ping-pong, darts, Wii, xBox, pool and foosball
- On site yoga and massage
- Mountain bikes to use as needed
- Subsidized gym membership
- Friday night Happy Hour, courtesy of the boss
- Bonus for most dedication and most creative idea
WHAT THE BOSS WANTS
Dedication, attention to detail, and a passion for learning, combined with creativity and an ability to roll with the punches. We need to be able to react quickly to our clients' needs, and solve problems creatively on the run. It takes a dedication to the team that is greater than the dedication to your own ego. That is why we play as hard as we work. It's easier to put in the long hours when you know you are going rock climbing together in the morning, or you can brainstorm over a game of pool.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS JOB
Our company culture attracts creative, high energy individuals - leaving the suits at the door. Our close knit group values work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, fun, responsive and friendly customer service. We work in an open environment that allows for maximum communication, idea creation, problem solving and change. Viverrae is on track to make the Best Places to Work list in Seattle Metropolitan Magazine.
Artificial Intelligence Developers
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Experienced with PHP and MySQL interaction
- Experienced with HTML(5) and CSS
- Experienced with Internet and standalone displays with 3D modeling, stats, charts and statistics.
- Able to easily integrate with APIs, both foreign and domestic.
- Experience creating efficient and effective layouts using drag/drop, dynamic paging, etc.
- Understanding of data structures and data organization as it pertains to databases that can maximize AI effectiveness: speed, scalability, stability.
- Organized, analytical and methodical in creation and testing for data systems.
- Experienced working with a continuous integration development cycle.
- Knowledge of AI methodology
- Experience with human/computer interaction.
- Experience in linguistics as it pertains to human/computer interaction.
- Experience with AI algorithms and methodology
Customer Service Representative
- Positive attitude!
- Ability to work closely with a team
- Quick learner and self-motivator
- Able to adapt quickly to changes
- Attention to detail
- Excellent phone communication skills
Job Duties May Include:
- Register Accounts for New Clients
- Client Training/Support
- Creating and following up with support tickets
- Monthly check-in calls
- Customer Retention/Cancelled Client Follow Up
Several positions open - P/T (flexible on hours) and F/T
Front-End Web Developers
Description coming soon.
- Strong knowledge of and able to set up MySQL databases and Apache web sites on Linux servers
- Able to create, tune and modify, and set up Web interfaces on servers
- Able to take active input on needs of the department
- Demonstrated strong documentation skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to provide general instruction of primary users
- Solid understanding of disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Knowledge of scripts for automation of repetitive daily performance monitoring and maintenance operations
- Experienced and skilled in working with business users, technology development teams, and external vendors
- Highly self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, drive to learn and master new technologies, and the ability to work in a highly dynamic work environment
- Database administration and creation
- Configuration assistance to Developers
- Continuous monitoring of operations during installations to ensure minimal impact
- Equipment installation, configuration and issue management during installation
- Site performance checks and post-installation monitoring
- Monitor and recommend process changes
- Manage the correct operation of back-up and restoration procedures
- Manage software updates, including data migration
- BS in Electrical or Computer Science, or 2 year technical degree with extensive related experience
- 2-4 years experience in a similar position programming, installing, and configuring databases with Web interfaces and suitable interpersonal and analytical skills.
2-4 years professional experience with the following:
- AJAX, JSON
- Can easily integrate with APIs both foreign and domestic
- Browser automation
- Ability to work in both Windows and Linux environments
Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Network Administration or related fields or 2 years experience in the following:
- Linux/Windows server administration
- DBA (MySQL)
- Webserver administration (Apache)
In Addition, Candidates:
- have experience working with AWS services (EC2, S3, SES, etc)
- can demonstrate knowledge of network infrastructure and protocol
- understand VPNs, RDP/VNC, Firewalls, Routers, TCP/IP etc
Other Desireable Qualifications:
- Experience with scripting languages (BASH, PERL, PowerShell, MySQL shell, PHP, etc.)
- Experience with Linux+, A+, Network+, Network Security+, Cisco or Microsoft Certifications
QA Software Engineers
- 2+ years’ professional experience developing test strategies, test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Strong communication and presentation skills for interacting with technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, conceptualize system issues, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience working with teams using cloud platforms to design systems and build functionality to get results.
- Ability to drive and lead the architecture, design, and development of highly scalable, cloud based applications.
- Experience working with databases with large data sets.
- Experience with LINUX, MySQL, PHP and Web Services
- Experience with end-to-end business processes. Experience with Salesforce.com platform is also desirable.
- Lead test efforts on multiple platforms.
- Perform functionality, system, integration, regression, load and acceptance testing using ad-hoc methods and automated testing tools.
- Coordinate and work with multiple test environments.
- Perform business and function requirement verification.
- Record all test results and thoroughly investigating and documenting defects and errors.
Senior Systems Architect
- 4+ years’ professional experience as a software engineer
- Strong communication and presentation skills for interacting with teams and senior management to collect requirements, conceptualize system issues, technical designs, and product strategy
- Ability to drive and lead the architecture, design, and development of highly scalable, enterprise-wide applications
- Experience working with databases with large data sets
- Experience with LINUX, MySQL and PHP
- Experience with task distribution programs preferred. (ex. Gearman)
- Identifies and evaluates technical architecture models
- Reviews and approves application design decisions
- Leads system design activities to assure that applications will exhibit expected levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability
- Ensures business requirements are satisfied
- Produces high quality architecture artifacts with attention to detail
1-2 years professional experience with the following (or equivalent languages):
- Ability to work in both Windows and Linux environments
Web Graphics Designers
- Visual UI development
- Visual design sensitivity
- Bachelor's degree in graphics design and interaction design
- Solid understanding of current UI Design Patterns & web standards
- Proficient in HTML5 and highly proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Desire to help define a new space
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Must be an effective problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- 1-2 year’s experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume and cover letter. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.